Confronting the Democratic Discourse of Librarianship: A Marxist Approach, Library Juice Press, August 2019.
Chapters in Edited Books
- “The Problem of Neutrality and Intellectual Freedom: The Case of Libraries”, in The Free Speech Wars, Edited by Charlotte Lydia Riley, Manchester: Manchester University Press [forthcoming].
- “‘Ruthless Criticism of All That Exists’: Marxism, Technology, and Library Work”, in The Politics of Theory and the Practice of Critical Librarianship, Edited by Karen Nicholson and Maura Seale, Sacramento: Library Juice Press, March 2018: 39-66.
- “Agile Open-Source Discovery: Blacklight with the Ebsco Discovery Service”, in Exploring Discovery: The Front Door to Your Library’s Licensed and Digitized Content, edited by Kenneth J. Varnum, Chicago: ALA, 2016: 73-82.
“Canadian Librarianship and the Politics of Recognition”. Partnership (forthcoming 2021).
“The Antinomies of Academic Freedom: Reason, Trans Rights, and Constituent Power”. Canadian Journal of Academic Librarianship (forthcoming 2020).
“Proxying the Data Body: Artificial Intelligence, Federated Identity, and Machinic Subjection” (2020) Journal of Contemporary Issues in Education 15(1): 35-50.
“’The Power of Knowledge, Objectified’: Immaterial Labor, Cognitive Capitalism, and Academic Librarianship” (2019), Library Trends 68(2): 153-173.
Libraries, Labour, Capital: On Formal and Real Subsumption, Journal of Radical Librarianship 4 (2018): 6-9.
- Lawful Neutral, Real Life Magazine, September 9, 2020.
- Book Review: Peter MacKinnon, University Commons Divided: Exploring Debate and Dissent on Campus, CJAL 5, 2019.
- What Marx Can Tell Us About Climate Change. Not Your Textbook: Research & Action at OPIRG Guelph, Fall 2018. Ontario Public Interest Research Group - Guelph.
- Coding and Professional Development-Part 1: A Study in Contradictions, Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Research and Practice, Vol 12, No 1 (2017).
- Coding and Professional Development-Part 2: A Case Study of Grassroots Change, Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Research and Practice, Vol 12, No 1 (2017).
- Hacking and Making in the Library Community: Access and Code4Lib. Feliciter 60(1), 2014: 16-28.
- Galina Ustvolskaya: Transgression and Orthodoxy in Soviet Music. Carleton University, 2011. Amicus No. 40777948.